Thursday, September 17, 2009

Crazy Couple Weeks

I have not blogged in a while. Things have been extremely crazy and extremely busy. It's getting real close to James leaving. We've been busy EVERYDAY getting things done off our to-do list, and shopping and spending time with family. James has spent everyday of the week for the past two weeks at his unit, helping them prepare things and pack things and do paperwork.

I had a little meeting with one of the wives, who is the head of the FRG, on tuesday. I knew she was nice before I met her, but I found out she was EXTREMELY nice. She was very helpful. She answered all my questions. She gave me lots of ideas on ways to keep me busy. She offered for me to hang out with her and her daughters whenever. She's going to help me get a military id soon. I was very pleased with how it went. I hope we can become good friends while they are all gone. And the best part of the meeting was, I realized that she is going through the same thing as me, even though it's her second deployment. I saw her as a normal human this time. She cried. She showed emotion. At all the meetings about the deployment, she seems happy and upbeat and like everything is fine. I saw that she is suffering just like me.

James has only one more day he has to report to his unit before the deployment. I'm so happy that it will be finally done with. I'm really starting to stress a lot about this though. I'm realizing that I'm not sure if I can take care of myself. I'm terrified of how things are going to go. I have had so much trouble sleeping at night for about a week or so. It takes me forever to get to sleep, and then once I am asleep, I dream about everything that's going on, and how things will go once James leaves, and all the stuff that needs done. My mind has not had any rest in a long time. I'm exhausted. James is exhausted. He works his butt off everyday in columbus, gets home after 6pm and has a whole list of stuff still to do before we can go to bed. I feel so bad, but all this stuff needs done.

On a more happy note, Rachel and Nikki, my sisters got a new kitten! We had dinner with my family last night and got to meet the new baby, Jasper. He is cute! Also, my family reunion is this weekend, so that will give us a small break from our list of things to do. Oh and the wife that I met with tuesday, Tish, she gave us this movie to borrow Fireproof and wants us to watch it. So we are planning to take a break tomorrow evening and watch it together. It will probably be the last movie we get to watch together for a while.

Before I get more sad, I'm gonna finish it here. I will try and blog more sometime, but it probably won't be until after James is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment