Sunday, June 12, 2011

James' 23rd Birthday!

Yesterday was my wonderful husband James' birthday. It turned out to be a great party, and a good day for both of us.

We got up early in the morning, because we still had quite a bit of cleaning and such to get done. I started off the morning by making my love double chocolate chip mini muffins for breakfast! He loves muffins, he loves mini muffins, he loves chocolate, and he definitely loved me for making them for him!

After breakfast, we did all our housework and stuff. Dishes, shower, cleaning the bathroom, cutting up vegetables, preparing foods, filling coolers, and on and on and on.

The party started about 1pm and went pretty good. James' mom and siblings came, my mom, stepdad, sisters and nephew, both sets of James' grandparents, and my grandma attended the party. James' dad was very late, but still came for a bit later.

We visited for a while, then James cooked on the grill for us, and we ate lots of yummy food, then talked for a while, then had desserts, then gifts, and more visiting! Apparently some of the grandparents were grumpy, but they got over it and it was still an enjoyable party.

Things went very well at the party. I was not overly stressed like I normally would have been. The nephew crying and upset did not bother me too much, and the younger sibling running around like a crazy woman was not horrible. The wrestling and horseplay between some of the boys somewhat bothered me, but the nephew kept me busy so I didn't worry about it as much, so that was good.

Once everyone left, James and I sat on the back deck in the rain for a few minutes just talking about how the day had gone and how today would go. Then we relaxed on the couch, something we hadn't done in a while, and just watched tv before heading to bed.

James said he had a nice birthday party and I for once had people over to the house without stressing too much. James got lots of gift cards for his birthday and also a season of South Park that he was missing. James was happy, I was happy, and it was a wonderful birthday for my love.

One bad thing, is that I did not get any pictures at the party at all. That makes me sad. Meaning I have no pictures to add to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment