Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend!

This past weekend has been absolutely busy. It's been fun, but I've also been sick, so that kind of sucked. I had a sore throat, which is starting to go away, but I've now got like a cold. Sometimes stuffy, sometimes runny nose, and just major head congestion. I feel like a lot of pressure in my head and nose. I'm taking medicine though and hopefully will be feeling better very soon.

Friday: Friday was a semi-easy day. I did housework, yardwork, ran errands, and a few things like that. Nothing too important on friday, but it was a busy day.

Saturday: Saturday was my sisters birthday, and my hubby and I went with the whole family to Sam's Club. My mom has a membership there and we also get stuff there. We didn't get much this weekend. A large box of rice, some v8, some cereal bars, and some starbucks coffee packets. Mom got lots more than we did. We then went out to lunch at iHop for my sisters birthday. They sang to her of course, which she didn't enjoy, but I know I don't either. It was good lunch though. Then on the way back to moms house, we got Maple Bacon Sundae's from Denny's. I had not neccessarily wanted to try them, but they really weren't that bad. They have way too many calories though. Then James and I came home and got more housework done.

Sunday: Sunday morning and early afternoon we did more housework, relaxing, and errands. In the late afternoon we went to James' grandmothers house for a cookout. We just all hung out and talked for the most part, then we ate dinner, then we played some outdoor stuff, and we were there kind of late. We also that evening had a little mishap with the air conditioner. Before we left that evening, we turned the a/c on and was hoping for a cool house when we got back, but apparently the hubby had shut off the breaker to the a/c, so it was NOT cool when got home, but more hot. Anyways, we got it all figured out and cooled it off, eventually. It was a late night though, and I was only getting sicker!

Monday: Monday I had a few things to get done in the morning, but early afternoon we headed to my moms house and we had a cookout, somewhat birthday party over there. We hung out and played with my nephew and talked a lot, ate some yummy food, and did it all over again. Then later in the evening we had a birthday party type thing for my sister. She had a couple friends come over and got a few gifts. Then since James had work today, we had to come home at a decent time and get ready for bed early.

Overall it was a long, weekend, but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment