Monday, June 14, 2010

The Hard Times of RJ Berger Premiere Review

A lot of MTV's shows I'm not into. I like about half of their reality shows, and not usually any of their regular non-reality shows. About the first two times I saw the commercials for the new MTV show The Hard Times of RJ Berger, I was not interested. But after seeing commercials for a few weeks, it got me interested. Unfortunately I missed the premiere as it aired, but I watched it online last night.

As I predicted, it was pretty interesting. It fits into a teenagers life, but in my opinion it's not really appropriate for anyone under 15. It was pretty funny in parts. Getting caught masturbating by your mother, hearing your parents and another couple talk about a foursome, getting to finally play basketball on the school team because they desperately needed someone to fill in, and then totally screwing up the game, getting your shorts pulled down and revealing to the school your huge gift, getting back at a bully at a party, planning with your buddy to become popular, having a huge crush on the prettiest girl in school, and so on. It was relate-able in parts. Some teenagers at some point have experienced each of the scenarios RJ Berger has gone through in just his FIRST episode.

I don't think it's got "stupid humor" like some shows or movies I've seen. In my opinion, it's not just a show for one sex or the other. But I feel it's inappropriate for younger kids and even younger teenagers. As previously stated, I would recommend it to no one under 15. I know the world is different than when I was younger and so many kids know about these things and/or have gone through them, but I still don't think that make it right.

I look forward to seeing tonights new episode. I think it's a show I will continue to enjoy. And I think my husband might like it also!

No comments:

Post a Comment