Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hubby's 22nd Birthday

Since James is deployed, of course he wasn't home on his birthday. He turned 22 yesterday! So as he would say, he's now OFFICIALLY older than me, since I'm still technically 21 for 2 months! It was so hard not having him home to hug him and tell him happy birthday in person and give him kisses and all that. I'm sure it was just as hard of a day for him not having family around.

He did get lots of birthday emails and letters and cards. I sent him a birthday box, with some food, along with birthday related items. Some include, his favorite homemade double chocolate chip cookies, a balloon, a couple birthday napkins, two birthday candles, and a birthday card. I didn't send him any like actual gifts, because for one, there's not much he can really use over there that he would want, and for two, we're going to have a double birthday (for him and I) shortly after he is home from deployment.

James said he had a pretty decent day. He wasn't too sad. He got to sleep in and only work a half a day. I got to email with him for the whole 4 hours he was at work. I tried hard to be extra sweet and loving to make his day good.

We also got a special treat! He was finally able to use Skype for the first time since he's been deployed (and keep in mind he's been gone for 8 and a half months already), and we had a webcam date! We got to talk for over two hours! It was SO nice. The quality of the internet was good too. There were no issues or interruptions. He had to use the internet in his office, because he can't get internet in his room, so it wasn't as personal as we would have liked it, but it was still nice. And the good thing is, since it is now working, we will be able to use skype once a week or every other week now! It was just really nice that our first skype date was on his birthday!

I can't wait for him to come home and us to have our double birthday party. Hopefully with an extra special treat! I can't really talk about that yet, because I don't want certain people knowing, but once I can, I will tell you guys ALL about it! Now let's just hope that my birthday in two months, goes okay too and that I don't have a bad, terrible day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment