Saturday, June 5, 2010

Singstar for PS2 Reviews

Once I heard about the Singstar games, I just HAD to have them. I love to sing (not that I'm any good), but I enjoy it. Of course at the time, I was so behind, I didn't even have a Playstation 2. Once I finally got a Playstation 2, the first Singstar game I got was Singstar Pop. And by that time, Playstation 3 was almost out, so Singstar was hard to find after that. Needless to say, I now own 3 of the Singstar games, and my sister owns one. So here are my reviews.

Singstar Overview: Singstar is a video game, where you use two special microphones and you sing to the varius songs in that specific genre. You can sing solo, as a pair, or even play party games up to 8 people. You can do duets or battle friends. You can record and playback your voices and even save the recordings. You can also have special effects when playing back your recordings. Those are kind of cool and hilarious to do. There's an easy, medium, or hard setting. And you can do the full song or just a quick short version. Each game also contains different medleys with more than one song you will do in each round. Pretty much, Singstar is like a karaoke game, but the biggest difference, is that you have the original artists voices and videos to sing to. In my opinion that makes it so much easier than singing to just the music.

As I said, Singstar Pop was my first game. It was my first choice out of the whole series, because I knew the most songs on it. There are maybe 5-7 songs on the game that I do not know. The disc contains 30 songs. It will all depend on preference of course and taste in certain artists and songs, as to how many you will know or not know. This disc contains artists such as Rihanna, Destiny's Child, Cyndi Lauper, Whitney Houston, and Three Doors Down. My two favorite songs on this game to sing (and the ones I do the best at), are The Reason by Hoobastank, and Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney. To me, this game was so enjoyable. If you don't like to sing, it's definitely not for you. You don't have to sing well, you just have to at least be close to on tune, and sing at the right times. As of right now (since my other two games are very new still), this version of Singstar is my favorite, because I know the most songs on it and I have played it a ton. I play this game with my sisters all the time. One of my sisters even downloaded all the songs she didn't know off the game, and put them on her ipod so she could learn them and get the only scores for those songs!

The second one I received was Singstar Pop Volume 2! I got it for Christmas this past year from my husband. There's probably about 10-12 songs on this game that I don't know very well. Out of 30. It has songs from artists such as Colbie Cailat, Avril Lavigne, Rihanna, Maroon 5, and Lifehouse. My favorite songs to sing on this game (so far) are Bring Me To Life by Evanescence, Fat Lip by Sum 41 and My Happy Ending by Avril Lavigne. Since I don't know as many songs on this game, it's not as enjoyable as Singstar Pop. But I'm learning the songs I don't know, and I'm getting into it. This would be my second favorite game out of the 3 I have.

The third Singstar I got, was Singstar Country. I just recently got this game, only about 2 weeks ago. This one and Singstar Pop Volume 2 are very close in my rankings. I'm sure here soon, this one will be my second favorite. Again, there's about 10-12 songs on here that I don't know very well. I have heard the songs, but don't know all the lyrics very well, so I'm trying to learn them. It includes songs from artists such as Kenny Chesney, Montgomery Gentry, Faith Hill, and Keith Urban. My favorite songs so far to sing are Big Star by Kenny Chesney and Girls Lie Too by Terri Clark. When I first got this game I realized it was SO fun to sing. I think I just do better at singing country music. My sisters on the other hand did not enjoy this game as much, but they are not big country fans. So I will be playing this game more on my own rather than with anyone.

My sister has Singstar Rocks, but I have never played it. There are only about 5 songs on that disc that I do know. So I can't do much of a review on that game since I haven't played it.

This is my first video game review, so let me know what you think. I have more video game reviews in the future planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment