Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Lovely Bones" Movie Review

I will admit, when I first saw the commercials for this movie, it wasn't necessarily one I was DYING to see. But after a while, it started looking more and more interesting. And my sister was one that was DYING to see it. She got the book to read before she saw the movie. She started reading it, but said it was SO confusing, SO boring, and it kept jumping back and forth between her being alive and after she died. Therefore, my sister never finished the book. We all wanted to see the movie still, and hoped it wasn't as bad as the book. So last night I saw it!

My family wasn't IN LOVE with the movie, and they thought it was kind of confusing. My sister though, that started the book, said it was confusing, but not AS confusing as the book. On the other hand, I didn't really find it confusing and I enjoyed it a lot. It kept my interest. It was suspenseful and very enjoyable.

It took until almost the end of the movie, to really show HOW she died. When it first shows her killer approaching her, it shows her escaping. Yet you then find out, she is just a ghost at this point. Once she realizes she's dead, and goes to the "in between" the scenery there is GORGEOUS! There's beautiful fields, ocean, sky, icebergs, forrest, and so on. My mom said that the parts where she's in the "in between" were boring. But I enjoyed the scenery a lot.

I'm a big Mark Wahlberg fan, and I think he did a great job in this role as her father.

There was one EXTREMELY suspenseful part where the sister was in the killer's house. I was on the edge of my seat, just thinking to myself, get out of the house, get out of the house! I love movies that make you really get into them.

I do have to say though, that one part of the end of the movie I did not like, and one part I really did like. I won't tell the details for those of you that haven't seen it, but hopefully you know what I mean once you do see it! The part I didn't like was also a pretty suspenseful part and I was wishing it didn't happen. I was wishing it would have turned out a different way.

I would recommend this movie to people who enjoy suspenseful movies. And if you get easily confused by complex stories, maybe this movie isn't for you.

**SIDE NOTE** My family and I were at the grocery store today, and this guy kept staring at one of my sisters. Just staring at her everywhere she moved. What made it even freakier, was that he looked very similar to the killer in this movie! CREEPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment