Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Intervention Premiere Review

I have been a fan of Intervention since I first heard about the show maybe two years ago or so. I've seen almost every episode. I find this show so interesting and I feel for those people. It's nice to see some of them get help and sad to see others screw up their lives again. I love the reality of the show though. I have never really been around anyone with an addiction of any kind, so it's so interesting to see how it really affects people so seriously.

Last night was their season 9 premiere. Unfortunately since I have a crazy schedule I could not watch it as it was premiering. I watched it online today. I love how most shows are posted online in less than 24 hours!

Last night's episode was about a mother (Donna) and her son (Josh) who were both alcoholics. Donna for 14 years and Josh for 11 months I believe. First I want to point out that they also had 7 cats like I do! Donna and Josh both live with Donna's mother. They are like best friends. It's good to be best friends with your kids, but not when addiction is involved. They make each other worse by drinking together everyday.

Donna pan handles on the street for money, but she did not even look like she was poor so I don't know why people even gave her money! That's just my opinion.

Donna's sister Candy got custody of, and took care of, Donna's other daughter Justina. Donna of course is not happy about this, which is understandable, but she should be happy that she has a sister that cares enough to take care of her daughter for her! Speaking of daughters, Josh has a daughter also. His daughter was visiting and only gets to visit once a week, yet Josh was in his room sleeping and drunk. He should not be allowed to see his daughter if he is drinking. That's my opinion.

It ended at least half well. Josh turned out okay, but his mother went back to drinking after treatment.

I look forward to seeing all the rest of the new episodes to come! I absolutely love Intervention! More reviews of premiere shows to come in the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment