Monday, June 7, 2010

Kate Plus 8 Premiere Review

I know there's a lot of controversy with Jon and Kate Gosselin. I think Kate is a good mother, and their shows are so entertaining. So if you don't like what I have to say, please don't leave rude comments. Just don't read it if you're not a Kate fan.

Yesterday was the premiere of Kate Plus 8 on TLC, where it follows Kate's Journey as a single mother. I really looked forward to the show coming on and I missed hearing all about the family! It was a good show. First of all, I would like to comment on Kate's new hair. I kinda miss her old, shorter hair, but this new longer hair is working for her. I think it just makes her look a lot younger. She is dressing a little more "non-mom" in my opinion, but it's just clothes and it's just looks.

When the camera crew came back into the home and you saw all the little ones running around with the camera crew and playing with them and hugging them, it just looks like to me, that they are like family to the Gosselin's. To me, these are not strangers coming into their home, this is family and friends. They have had camera's around pretty much since they were born, so it's what they are used to! Whether they stop filming or not, everyone still knows who they are. So yes, if I was in that situation, I would probably go back to filming too. It's good money. She may not have a "real" job as some people say, but can you imagine her going to get a real job like her becoming a nurse again? It would be like any other celebrity trying to go work at a fast food place or something. It just wouldn't work!

I'm not sure how many of you noticed, but when Kate was talking about the kids being with Jon ON their birthday, she didn't seem to happy about that. It was almost as if she was being sarcastic about the party he threw them. But that happens in a divorced couple. There are sarcastic things said and controversy. It happens.

It was so weird seeing so many people talking to Kate at the airport and saying hi and nice things to her. I know it would be weird to go through that! And when Penny and Peter the penguins met the kids at the airport, I thought that was just so adorable! I'm sure the kids LOVED that. I would love that myself!

The meltdown over the wetsuits, was so understandable. Can you imagine being in heat and trying to be in one of those hot things!? I wouldn't want to do it! And I thought it was so sweet that Kate took Alexis back to Discovery Cove the following day, because she was sick the day the rest of the family went. To me, that's a great mother thing to do! I don't think MY mom would even do that!

The kids cake at their party was so cute too! The blue six with the dolphins and stuff on it. I can't get over the fact that they are 6 years old.

I didn't know that the second hour was the special "Inside Kate's World". But of course I had to watch it also! First thing I found out was that her hair did not grow that long. She has hair extensions! I didn't even realize that. I think they look pretty good though. I loved all the comments that Meredith Vieira made. She was being so supportive of Kate and everything she's been through. I'm glad SOME people are sticking up for Kate and the way she is living her life and running her family. The only thing I was not happy to see, was at one of Kate's book signings in LA, she was kinda acting pouty and grumpy because tons of people didn't show up. I just thought that was kind of immature and selfish. She should be thankful for the fans she DOES have. She did get over it and go be polite to everyone though.

Overall, I enjoyed both shows. It felt good to catch up on their life over the past few months. I will continue to watch the new episodes every sunday night as I'm able to!

No comments:

Post a Comment