Saturday, June 5, 2010

"It's Complicated" Movie Review

I am a member of Netflix so I get movies a lot. More often than getting movies, I get tv shows though. I love 7th Heaven. I'm going through all the seasons. Currently on the very end of Season 4. But every now and then in between shows, I get movies. I would like to try and do a review on each movie if I remember.

So to start with, I will review the movie It's Complicated with Meryl Streep, Eric Baldwin, and Steve Martin.

I had wanted to see this movie in theaters, but of course with James gone, I don't like going to the theaters alone. I went to the movies once with my sister, but since this movie is rated R, we were not able to see it. So I received it from netflix today and JUST finished watching it with my mom and one sister.

The previews to start with, really did a good job for the movie. They show a lot of the most funny parts in the movie, making you want to see it. It's about a couple that has been divorced for 10 years. The husband Jake, has remarried to a much younger woman. Hence, that is the reason for their divorce, was because of his affair with this younger woman, Agnes. After being divorced for 10 years, the ex-couple end up staying in the same hotel for their sons graduation. They get a little drunk at the bar and end up having a little too much fun together. After that, Jake realizes he is still in love with his ex-wife, Jane, and he wants to procede with the affair. Jane is hesitant at first, feeling guilty, but still wanting to go along with it. Things start getting crazy, when Jane's architect starts falling for her. Now she is torn between these two men.

I thought the movie was funny, romantic, entertaining, and very enjoyable. It was just as good as I expected. Not any better, not any worse. My favorite character is actually the oldest daughters fiance Harley, played by John Krisanski. He was HILARIOUS! He made the movie as funny as it was. I did not enjoy how the movie turned out in the end. It wasn't sad or anything, it just didn't go how I would have hoped for. I won't give details to ruin things for anyone, but if you watch it, maybe you will know what I mean!

Well, this was my first movie review, so I hope you like it, and I hope there will be more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment