Friday, August 14, 2009

Back from Vacation! And Birthday Updates!

Our vacation was amazing!! We absolutely loved the cabins! They were so beautiful, and so secluded! And we loved having a hot tub! We got in it a total of 11 times while we were there! So here's how things went!

Monday: We arrived at the cabin to check in shortly after 4pm. Once we checked in, we went and checked out the cabin. And we turned on the air conditioning!! It was so nice having AC. We don't have have AC at our house. Then we unloaded the car and I unpacked all our stuff while James tried to figure out the tv. Then of course we tried out the hot tub for dip #1. We did lots of relaxing and watching tv the rest of the night, and we also watched a movie and had popcorn. Halfway in between the movie, we took a break to watch the new Jon and Kate Plus 8 episode (we love that show) and we took dip #2 in the hot tub.

Tuesday: I got up earlier than James, so I watched tv and read my book. I haven't had much time to read in a while, so it was nice. Once James got up and we relaxed, had breakfast, relaxed some more, played some games, and had lunch, then we tried out the jacuzzi bath tub. I would LOVE to have one of those of my own at home! Then we went straight to the hot tub after that for dip #3. Then there was a few hours of just playing games until dinner time. We cooked out on the grill and made steaks! Then we played more games, more tv, more relaxing, and we made cookies. Then we took dip #4 in the hot tub. It started storming so we had to get out after like 15 minutes. So we watched tv until the storm passed and then took dip #5 in the hot tub. Then the water started getting too hot, so we took another break and went and cooled off in the AC and then warmed up in the hot tub for dip #6 before bed.

Wednesday: This day was my birthday, and I got a total of 5 phone calls that day telling me Happy Birthday. After relaxing, tv, and breakfast, we got in the hot tub for dip #7. Then we played games again until lunch time, then watched tv to let lunch settle and took dip #8 in the hot tub. I have waterproof cards so we got the smart idea of playing cards in the hot tub. That was fun! Then we relaxed a bit, before taking another bath in the jacuzzi tub to get ready for our dinner out. We left for dinner around 6pm and went to Applebees and then to Walmart to get a special dessert for my birthday. We got back to the cabin around 8:15pm. And of course we pretty much immediately got into the hot tub, for dip #9 and played some more cards. Then we got out and ate my dessert for my birthday. Then we watched a movie and had a drink of course since it was my 21st birthday. After the movie, we started packing and cleaning and getting ready to leave the next day. But we had to take another dip in the hot tub before bed, making it dip #10 of the trip. We didn't make it to bed until around 2am.

Thursday: We got up around 8:45am and immediately went to take our final dip in the hot tub before we went home, making it dip #11 and the last dip of the vacation! Once we got out, we finished packing, cleaning, and getting dressed to leave. We went up to the office around 10:30am to check out, but there was NO ONE there. So we went back to the cabin to watch tv until 11am, which is when we are supposed to be checked out by. When we went back up at 11am, there STILL was no one there. We knocked on both doors, called all three phone numbers, and even checked to see if anyone was at any of the other three cabins, but there was no one, and no answer. FINALLY around 11:45am, James got someone to answer at one of the numbers and he said that all we had to do was to leave the key in the cabin and leave the door unlocked. So we left there as soon as we went back to the cabin. We stopped for lunch on the way home because neither of us had eaten anything really. It was so nice to get back and see my babies!! I missed them so much!! The rest of the day we just relaxed and watched tv, and James took a nap.

Today, James is back at work, then he has a doctors appointment. And I'm working on my avon that I need to get caught up on and unpacking and cleaning! So it was a wonderful vacation. James wants to go back sometime in september before he leaves! I don't know if we can afford to do that though, but I would definitely try.

Anyways, I have some updates on my birthday party. My mom still isn't sure when she will be able to get her house, but we are going ahead and planning my party for next friday evening. So hopefully she is the legal owner by then. All the kids will be in school by then, so it will have to be sometime after that. She has a nice big garage that would probably hold 4 cars, and a big back yard. So it will probably be one of those places. Weather dependent of course. James' cousin is having his party the next day, so that's why I'm going to try and have mine the day before. If it doesn't work out that way, I'm not sure when I will have it. This weekend James and I are going to make the final plans and stuff for it.

1 comment: