Friday, August 7, 2009

Vacation!

Good news!! Our vacation is planned and reserved! Here's how it will go:

Monday: James works the morning shift and should be off by 1pm. While he's working I will be packing and preparing food. Once he gets home, we will eat lunch, finish packing and load the car. Around 3 or 3:30 we will leave to head to our cabin. We are able to check in around 4pm. Once we're there, we will unload the car, get settled in, relax a bit, then fix dinner.

Tuesday: We will spend the day in the hot tub, the jacuzzi bathtub, watching movies, playing games, taking a walk, etc.

Wednesday: Wednesday is my 21st birthday so we will celebrate it by doing pretty much the same things we are doing tuesday. But we will be going out to dinner this night. I'm not sure where yet, but most likely Applebee's. Starting wednesday night I will have to start packing stuff up to go home the next day.

Thursday: We will get up early and finish packing and loading the car and be out of the cabin by 11am. Then we will come home, unload the car, and spend the rest of the day being lazy and relaxing some more. Unfortunately friday, James has to return to work. But then he gets the weekend off.

I'm and really looking forward to this little mini-vacation. Even though we aren't going far from home, it's like a little get-away. The guy I talked to and who helped me reserve the cabin, was EXTREMELY nice. He got us a great deal because of the situation, and he also made sure that if we had to cancel at the last minute, we wouldn't have to pay for it, because of the situation. I'm going to have to send him a thank you card once we get home!!

It's looking better and better that I may be able to have my birthday party at my mom's "almost" new house. She finished signing the loan papers already. And they told her that she could probably start moving her stuff into the garage already. She is going to be working on that this weekend. And hopefully by next weekend, she will have had her closing so that we can have a party there! If not, it's going to have to wait until the following weekend, but that will cancel out another previous plan. Oh well, I'm not sure I wanted to go anyway!

Well, that's all for now. Today I'm going to be working on my avon orders, cleaning my house, finishing the plans for the vacation, and maybe even starting to pack!! I'll let you all know how the vacation goes!!

If you want to buy avon online from me, and have it sent directly to your house, no matter where in the U.S you live, just visit www.youravon.com/smetz .

3 comments:

  1. I found you on (Army) wife's blog, we're both kinda in the same boat, no kids, just pets, my husband's in the Army Reserves and should be leaving on his first deployment fairly soon. I mostly gripe about things on my blog, but if you ever want to check it out, feel free to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the vacation! That is precious time that you want to take advantage of.

    My husband is in the Army National Guard and we are staring at our 2nd deployment. Q has been in the service for 19 years and we've been married for 17 years. I keep two blogs...one for everyday stuff and one strictly related to the deployment. Check them out...I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have...an awesome FRG is critical...so I recommend getting plugged in to your local FRG.

    Have a great time on vacation and enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...here are the blog addy's...

    www.gingerbales.blogspot.com this is everyday
    www.inbetweentime.wordpress.com deployment stuff

    ReplyDelete