Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More Shopping

Yesterday we went to walmart and started getting more things we needed for the deployment. Not just stuff James needs, but stuff I will also need here. The biggest thing we focused on was safety things. James got a little head flashlight thing that he is very satisfied with. Most of the things we got and looked at though, were for me at home. We purchased 4 small flashlights. I'm hoping to have one in just about every room. I got a small little battery operated lantern. And we also looked at some small security lights. And also little night lights that turn on automatically in the dark. I'm very afraid of being home alone in the dark. I don't mind the daytime, but when it gets dark I get freaked out. So James is making sure I have plenty of light sources.

I checked out the Military One Source website and I absolutely love it. I definitely will put that site to good use. I have some free booklets and cds on their way from Military One Source. They have so many different articles about anything you could think of needing advice or help with. Also, James finally registered for the FRG for his unit and then I got registered. We still need to figure out how to add his mom to it.

Yesterday I FINALLY got my pictures on my computer all sent to walmart. There were over 700 of them. Some of them are going to be for James to take with him in a small photo album, but not all of them definitely. I can't wait to get them! Also with the other pictures, the ones that James doesn't take which will be almost 700, I can spend time getting photo albums and organizing them. That will be something that will keep me busy.

We are planning to go to James' parents for dinner tomorrow. We might go to my moms next week if she's in her house by then. Also we found out some slightly good news. James works a lot of morning shifts and the morning shifts are not busy, so they are thinking of doing away with them, at least for next week. And next week James is only supposed to work 2 morning shifts and three afternoon shifts. He is wanting to find someone to work his afternoon shifts if they do away with the morning shifts. Yeah, I know, confusing. But he's kind of wanting it to be like another short vacation, just to hang out at home and get some stuff done. He's also debating about taking labor day off. He is supposed to work that day from like 3-8, but also his grandma is wanting to get together with the whole family that day. He's trying to decide if he wants to take it off, or just work it.

Anyways, I've been kind of falling behind in avon a little. But to tell you the truth, James is definitely more important. I will catch up on it once he's gone. So I suppose that's all I have for you all to read right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment