Wednesday, August 19, 2009

We have the official date & other updates

Well James got an email the other day saying that they finally decided on a date he was leaving. We only have a little over a month together. Of course this date could change, like everything else in the army always does. And it's looking pretty much 100% that he's going to Afghanistan and not Iraq. James is going to miss our 2 year anniversary by like 8 days. That so sucks. But he has already said we will celebrate it early. I'm still also working on ideas for a going-away party for him. Now that we have a date he's leaving, it will be easier to plan for one now. I'm going to research going-away parties online, because I don't really know how they work. What all are you supposed to do at a going-away party? Do you give him gifts? Stuff like that. So I'm gonna do some research, and then get together with his mom and figure it out.

Speaking of his mom,... She found this Red Cross meeting thing for deployed soldiers families at her church. She went to the first one last night, and found it very helpful and informational. So I think I'm going to be attending them with her from now on. They are like every two weeks I think. She said she found out information about care packages and what consists of an emergency for contacting Red Cross, and stuff like that. So I'm looking forward to going and getting information and maybe meeting other people who have family members deployed already.

Well, my birthday party is friday and we've got about half of the shopping done. We ordered my cake already. Got the rest of the decorations. So pretty much we just have more food stuff to get. We're gonna work on that tomorrow. Maybe today if James gets off early because of the weather. I'm kind of excited, but probably not as excited as I should be. It's hard to be happy and celebrate things now, knowing James will not be there for them next year.

Anyways, that's all for this blog. I'm gonna go try and wake James up and then call my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment