Monday, August 17, 2009

Short Update & FRG

I got my first call from the Family Readiness group this weekend. I kept telling James over and over that I couldn't see them becoming friends with me and actually calling more than 5 minutes just to talk and all that crap that he said they would do. Now I believe him a little more, but we will still have to wait and see. This lady that called me was the wife of the liuetenent colonel or something of the whole battalion. Her husband as far as I'm understanding isn't even going on this deployment. He has been on deployments before, so I see how she could give me advice and whatnot. The funny thing is, she said that she likes to call people and see what she can do to help, whether it's just listen to you or go get you groceries. But get this, she's in Kentucky, and I'm in Ohio, and she really thinks she's gonna go get me groceries. Haha. It's a nice thought, but I would never ask that of anyone that far away. She seemed nice enough though. She kinda told me that she likes having kids while her husband is on deployment because it keeps her busy and gives her company. Which I kinda want, but I know it can't happen and I wouldn't do that to James. All I have is my 7 babies here and my family, and James' family. Of course I will have to live by myself for a year which I am NOT looking forward to at all. I don't mind being alone during the day so much, it's just at night, I hate being here alone in the dark and I hate sleeping alone.

Anyways, back to the FRG. I had read on another army wifes blog about her FRG had like Christmas and Halloween parties and stuff like that. So maybe it will be better and more fun than I am expecting. Unfortunately we won't be able to go to the first little get-together this weekend, because we have a birthday party to go to. But we will get to meet the ladies the next day at the Yellow Ribbon event. I guess I'm not gonna get my hopes up about making best friends and whatnot with this FRG thing, but I am going to at least try. James really wants this for me and thinks it will be good, so I will try for him. I'm just a quiet person and I'm not comfortable around new people. I'm gonna have to get over that though.

Speaking of birthdays, I finally have decided that mine will be this friday at my moms house. It may not legally be her house yet, but we're still gonna have it there. We haven't figured out the time yet, but that will be decided today. We've got the food figured out, and we pretty much have everything else (decorations, plates, napkins, etc.) leftover from James' party, so we don't have to buy much of that. So this week and weekend will be very busy. Check it out.

Today: I have to get my avon books ready for next campaign which starts wednesday. I fell behind because of the vacation. I've also got to do dishes so James has clean coffee mugs for this week. And I've got to do laundry so his work clothes are clean for the rest of the week. I've gotta go to the bank today to deposit all my avon money.

Tuesday: I'm going to try and go get my permit on tuesday so that I can start getting my license. I don't think I will have my license before James leaves, but I'm gonna work my butt off and try really hard. My mom has also offered to help me learn. It would be nice to have my license for while James is gone so that I don't have to rely on everyone else for a whole year. Plus when everyone else is busy, I can still get out of the house on days I'm feeling down or something.

Wednesday: James works from 2-8 this day, so we probably won't get anything done that day. Other than I will be doing avon at home and cleaning of course.

Thursday: Sometime this week we have got to go shopping for my party, so it's gonna have to be thursday or maybe tuesday.

Friday: James works until noon and then we are gonna have to go to my moms and help her clean, decorate, set up, prepare the food, etc. Then my party will be that evening. Then of course afterwards, we're gonna have to help her clean up and all that. Plus friday is when I will get my avon stuff but I probably won't be able to work on it until saturday.

Saturday: So far we don't have any plans for saturday morning/afternoon. So maybe if I got my permit on tuesday we can go driving for a little bit or something. But saturday around 4pm we have a birthday party to go to. Plus if there's time, which I don't think will happen, we've got the party type thing in columbus for all the army families to meet.

Sunday: Sunday we have the Yellow Ribbon event which will be at 9am and it's supposed to last like 8 hours, so we will probably be there till 6pm or so. Then of course back to work monday.

So busy week and weekend ahead. I will blog about my party, and the Yellow Ribbon event probably the beginning of next week. Sorry, this was supposed to be a short blog. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment