Friday, August 28, 2009

This makes me sick!!

I found this story on www.newarkadvocate.com which is our local paper. This is what it said:

"The mother of a soldier whose suicide in Iraq led to cruelty charges against four men says her son made two final phone calls to tell her of abuses he was going through in his platoon. Kathe Wilhelm tells The Associated Press that her son, Pvt. Keiffer Wilhelm, called her the day before he died and said he was being forced to run for miles with rocks that smashed against his knees.She says he also told her his belongings were disappearing and that he had no one to turn to for help.Wilhelm, who grew up in northern Ohio, had been in Iraq with a new unit for 10 days when he killed himself on Aug. 4. Four soldiers have been charged with cruelty and maltreatment of subordinates.The military has said there’s no direct evidence the alleged misconduct caused Wilhelm’s death."

I can't believe this. This makes me so sick to my stomach thinking this could ever happen to someone. And with James being deployed soon, it just worries me even more. I swear if this ever happened to James, I would be going after everyone involved. The soldiers are over there to protect our country. They don't need the stress of being bullied too. That's horrible!! I could just scream right now! I hope the people involved will all be punished majorly!

No comments:

Post a Comment