Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Changes Already

I just blogged yesterday, but there are a couple changes already.

For one, it's looking like James will most likely be deploying to Afghanistan, and not Iraq. They aren't completely sure but they said it's about a 90% chance they are going there instead. I really don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I really don't know the situations over there and which place is worse. James said there was two good things about Afghanistan. He said there are less IED's over there. And he also said it's more mountains and no desert. He's happy about that. And from the email they sent him telling him this, they all seemed to be happy going to Afghanistan than to Iraq. They said they would have more meaningful missions there. And I'm sure the scenery would probably be better.

Because of them probably going to Afghanistan instead of Iraq, they want all the soldiers to start carrying their equipment and walking up and down big hills to get in better shape for doing that over there. Although that won't really effect James much, since he will mainly be on base, he's still going to take those walks when he can. Because as he pointed out, although it may not effect him in Afghanistan, he still will be training with the rest of his company in NJ (we think). So he wants me to go with him on these walks, which is fine. I could use the exercise anyway.

The second change, is that James has finally decided that we will try for a vacation as soon as possible. He is now understanding, that we don't have much time left and he REALLY wants a vacation as badly as I want one. So we are hoping to take one for about 3 or 4 days next week. Yes, I said next week. So today I've got to call the place we are wanting to stay, and see if they have any available cabins those nights. And James has to try and get someone to work for him. I've got to talk to the place and make sure that they won't charge us if we cancel at the last minute because James could find out he has to do his AT days next week. We never know with the army and that's what bothers me. But we're gonna try for it anyway. And the good part, is that we would be gone over my birthday, which will be kind of nice. I'll keep you updated on the vacation to see if we get to go next week or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment