Monday, August 3, 2009

Shopping and Updates

Well this past weekend we got a lot of cleaning done at home, and we also went and helped my mom clean her "almost" new house. Before we did that, we went shopping and started to get some stuff for the deployment. We got an external hard drive from Target. It was $99 but you got a free $10 Target gift card also. It's 1TB which is equal to about 1,000GB. We bought it because James will be taking his laptop with him, and we wanted to make sure we saved all the pictures and files onto the new hard drive before he left, in case something would happen to his computer over there, we wouldn't lose anything. James has been wanting to get an external hard drive for a while now, but I didn't want to spend that kind of money. But now it's necessary, so I went along with it.

We also went to walmart and got some smaller things we will need. James got some flip flops to use as shower sandals. Also we got him a couple small photo albums so that he can take pictures with him of me and our kitties, and both families. We got 8 cheap notebooks which will be used for paper to write letters to each other. We both got 2 packs of new pens. And we also got a couple composition notebooks (the ones where the pages don't rip out easily) for us to use as diaries or like daily journal type things to tell how we're feeling and what we're doing.

James is supposed to have 10 days of AT each year (done before october) and so far he's only gotten 3 days done. So he has to figure out when he can do the other 7 days. His sargeant is not being much help. A while back he had the choice to either go away to another base and do like a 2-3 week long class on something, or he could go to his unit and help out some there and do PT and paperwork and stuff. Now they are not moving things along. He has only about 7 weeks until he leaves for his deployment. That's not a lot of time to fit this in. Especially if he will have to go away for a 2-3 week long class. I'm soooo hoping that doesn't happen.

Also we're trying to fit in a small vacation before he leaves. And with us not knowing what he has to do for his AT days yet, it's really hard to plan for one yet. If he has to do his AT days in september, we're probably going to take our vacation as soon as possible. If he has to do his AT days sometime in august, we're most likely going to take a vacation the second week in september, after he's done with work for the summer. We already know where we want to go, we just don't have dates yet. We're not going far from home, only a few towns over. But we're going to stay in a cabin in the woods just the two of us, just relaxing and spending time together. Hopefully it will be a 4-5 day vacation, but we may only have time for a 2-3 day vacation. These cabins are so nice. They come with two bedrooms (although we will only need one), a fully equipped kitchen, living room, dining area, two bathrooms (one with a jacuzzi/garden tub), a grill, and the best part, a hot tub on a screened in porch!! It's going to be sooo amazing, but I will be very mad if we don't fit it in sometime.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do for my 21st birthday party. I really don't want to have it here at home, because there's not enough room for even just all our families. Since my mom is almost in her new house, it may work out for me. She's been cleaning it, so that once they have the closing, they can just start moving stuff in. As long as they are in there by the weekend of august 15-16 and possibly even the weekend after (I'm willing to hold off another week), then I will have my party at her house. She's got a nice backyard, completely fenced in. So there should be enough room for everyone. Plus she has two bathrooms over there, while I only have one here!! I don't know if James' family will travel over to my moms new house (it's about 30 minutes away from our town), but if they don't, oh well. They will just miss my party. I'm pretty sure his parents will come, but I'm not sure about the rest of them. Now if my mom's not in her house soon enough, then I will probably be having my party at one of the local parks.

Also, I'm hoping to plan some kind of going away party for James. With the help of his mom, and maybe mine too. I'm not sure when yet (because we don't have an exact date of when he's leaving) and I'm definitely not sure where yet. He just wants to be able to hang out one last time with his family, and my family, and maybe a couple friends before he goes. So maybe I should call his mom today and tell her to start thinking about it.

Anyways, I think that's all the updates for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment